Chimping is dangerous !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Desmond, Aug 31, 2008.

1. I just started a thread on the rally I attended today https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=186197

Just a warning to others , chimping can be very dangerous .

rallyfun021aca.jpg

As is having a compact that doesn't have a decent zoom ...

rallyfun015ac.jpg

Ok , I'm not really that dumb , I left the D40 set up on a tripod and got some shots before the rally started and added the cars later on in the day . :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    That was hilarious

3. I just made this one up , looks a bit better . I had to paint a shadow in so it looked more real .

Rallysun049cs.jpg

4. Funny. Now fade the shadow layer's opacity and add some gaussian blur to it, and it will really look believable.

5. I noticed the 'sharpness' of the shadow afterwards but was too lazy to re-edit it .:tongue:

6. Very funny, Desmond!

7. This will end up all over the internet in the next week or so with some funny captions.

8. The rally scene in the US is still up and coming. I love rally cars. Something about AWD turbo 4 bangers gives me the tingles! Nothing sounds better than the sound of an uncorked subaru boxer engine mated to a straight pipe exhaust. Music to my ears!

9. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    LOL :biggrin: Are you sure you're not an American?:eek:

10. I just wish I had the tripod with me here , I could have added one with me lying on my back under the car , wide angle lens pointed upwards ....

Rallysun160.jpg

11. Aren't I a bit thin to be an American :biggrin: .
    While I was clearing some grass and branches with my "pocket knife" one guy said "gee , it must be dangerous being a photographer if you have to carry a knife like that with you !" .
    I told him ''no , that's part of coming from South Africa "
    [a knife is a useful tool ok , Not a weapon !]

Rallysun016.jpg

12. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    those are good, i would move the shadow just slightly thou as it looks a bit off angle form the trees in the last oine but hey there al lfunny. thought they were real for a moment.

13. I tried to be creative and downloaded the latest "Canon focus action" and applied it to one of my images to make it look like I took the pictures with a professional 1DSmkIII !

aa.jpg

14. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    Great shots I've always loved rally racing! I'm wanting to build up an older Audi Quattro as a driver/rally cross car

15. Gorgeous shot--worth every penny--ain't it amazing what a $8000 camera can do! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::tongue:

16. these are very good fakes!

17. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Still can't beat an old small block Chevy!

Having said that my AWD Talon turbo is supposed to move to a new home today.