1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!
  1. Flushing, Queens is NY's other Chinatown. Tosh and I spent an afternoon exploring some of the hidden spots to eat and shooting the scenery in between stops. Here are a couple from today:

348330173_iuvxz-XL.

348330268_JwACu-XL.

348330243_U4Ei3-XL.

348330216_MMqVn-XL.

Thanks for looking.

2. nice shots, larry
    especially of the dumplings

any more food shots?

3. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Larry,

Nice shots! Good time spent with you Saturday afternoon in Queens Chinatown.
    The food was excellent! I especially loved that braised fish in spicy soup base at the Pepper Restaurant. I will be back!

I guess I was more into the food and company than the shooting, as when I returned home I only had 24 images on my card! :eek: 
    That's low even by my less than prolific standard.
    So not much to pick from, but here are a few:

The other two stiffs we ran across in C-town:
    [​IMG]

New Americana building ornament:
    [​IMG]

Not really a satellite dish:
    [​IMG]

4. Glenn,
    i'm so glad you added these to the thread
    looks like great fun

5. Larry,

Nice series ...... like them all. Photo #1 proves to me it's hard to take a candid street shot and NOT see a cell phone. Good work .....

Glenn,

Great shots ....... looks like a very interesting place.

Best,

6. Good shots Glenn! Wow, just 24 shots all day? Can I interest you in some 256MB CF cards? LOL.

Here's one I know you'd want to see. This guy was sitting in a tiny booth advertising a travel service. It must have been 1000 degrees in there and he was right in the middle of a crowded street:

348780257_AeP9C-XL.

I guess some people can sleep anywhere.:smile:

7. SpoonFed

SpoonFed

Jul 19, 2008
    Bay Area
    ahhaha your 3rd shot of the dumplings makes me hungry

8. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    nice photos

Nice photos guys!
    The sleeping man looks dog tired!

9. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Very interesting and bet you enjoyed those dumplings...great colors in the pictures too. All the pictures give me the feeling of being there myself.. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.