Christ and Saint Veronica

A top Notre-Dame de la Garde is a statue of Christ and Saint Veronica that overlooks the Med.

D800 24-120 @ 100mm Iso 125 1/200 f9.0

JW8_7479-1-bw.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Urbanflyer, the walk /hike up to Notre-Dame de la Garde is definetly worth it. Beside the statue you get great views of the old city and port below as well as the off islands.

A really dramatic looking image, John!
Great processing.

A really dramatic looking image, John!
Great processing.

Thank You Bart.. Did use a couple of Gradients and then D&B trying to get some of silver / chrome tones in the image .

I love this.

Thank you Terri. This statue was located at the Basilica that overlooks the old town and port of Marseille. Where in Paris I never felt any concern when walking to diner or seeing the sights at night, Marseille, I felt one needed to be constantly aware of your surroundings. While making the trek up to the Basilica, a local women saw me with the camera and warned me to be very careful for the next several blocks. I took her advise and didn't have any issue and made it up, On the way down and back to the hotel ended up going through some very sketchy areas that had me looking over my shoulder and aware of any sound as the streets were pretty much deserted. All in all though I loved Marseille, lots of history as it was originally founded in 600 BC, Great seafood and Bouillabaisse that originated in Marseille. My french was really rusty but people I met seemed to like the fact that I was trying and in most cases went out of their way to help.

By the way, what is D&B, John?
(Google showed me especially Dun & Bradstreet :))
Always keen to get acquainted with new software.

Thank You Bart.. Did use a couple of Gradients and then D&B trying to get some of silver / chrome tones in the image .

Thank you Terri. This statue was located at the Basilica that overlooks the old town and port of Marseille. Where in Paris I never felt any concern when walking to diner or seeing the sights at night, Marseille, I felt one needed to be constantly aware of your surroundings. While making the trek up to the Basilica, a local women saw me with the camera and warned me to be very careful for the next several blocks. I took her advise and didn't have any issue and made it up, On the way down and back to the hotel ended up going through some very sketchy areas that had me looking over my shoulder and aware of any sound as the streets were pretty much deserted. All in all though I loved Marseille, lots of history as it was originally founded in 600 BC, Great seafood and Bouillabaisse that originated in Marseille. My french was really rusty but people I met seemed to like the fact that I was trying and in most cases went out of their way to help.

By the way, what is D&B, John?
(Google showed me especially Dun & Bradstreet :))
Always keen to get acquainted with new software.
Sorry dodge and burn. Set up a action that creates two curve layers in Photoshop. One curve pulled down to darken image and put it in soft light blending mode. The other curve is raised to lighten image and placed in overlay blending mode. Each of the curves get a black mask to prevent the adjustment from being applied to the image. To use I get a soft brush and with opacity at100% and flow at between 1-3% paint in white on the black mask to reveal/apply the lightening or darkening to the image.

In Photoshop there are many ways to dodge and burn. Beside the above you can create a layer in soft light blending mode and fill with grey. Grey layer has no effect on the image. You then paint on the grey layer with a white brush to lighten or black to darken.

Latest threads

Top Bottom