Christmas Eve Candids

Discussion in 'People' started by Kevin Scott, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Just a couple of candids of my daughters before the Christmas Eve gift opening starts.

I've had the 70-200VR for a few months but haven't really used it much. So I decided to give it a whirl and see if it's all it's cracked up to be. OMG! Now I understand why everyone raves about it. I zoomed in on one shot 500% and could still make out blood vessels in my daughter's eye! Incredible!

This is my oldest daughter, Olivia, who turns 16 in a month.
    [​IMG]

And this is my little one, Sofia, who is 6. She was coming down the stairs and has gotten pretty used to me shooting her. She stopped, leaned against the railing and stared. She's actually eating some candy so her expression looks rather strange. I just really like the shot for some reason, despite the pouty look.
    [​IMG]

2. Beautiful portraits, Kelvin.

And of ocurse, beautiful girls.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Kevin Kevin, Kevin... Man you have your hands full there my friend....
    Those girls are cute as can be and I just know that those low life boys are calling all the time just trying to make your life miserable ... I know, I have 3 daughters that are slightly older (17-almost 19, and 23)
    On the other hand maybe it is just that lens that makes them so cute...
    Great shots my friend.. Love the one of Olivia...

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots Kevin,
    Made me smile:>))
    Beautiful girls !!!!!

5. gorgeous girls! great candids too, got to love that lens!

6. You have a wonderful family Kevin...and a great capture..if I had daughters instead of sons...the 6 ft fence with barbed wire would have been put up the day they became teenagers...LOL...

Best of the season to you and your family.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful daughters, Kev. I am blessed with two daughters as well...one hell of a curse too. But I wouldn't change a thing!!!

8. Thank you all for the kind words! The oldest doesn't cause too many problems with the boys. She's got a steady boyfriend who is a great guy. He's waited patiently for her for over a year so he's grateful to have a chance. She's equally as grateful cuz he's such a good guy!

Now, when the little one gets older....watch out! She's a control freak at 6. Can't imagine the poor guy who she snags!!

9. I have the same feeling about my little girl :biggrin:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Kevin,
    Very very nice :>))) Pretty girls.

11. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Pretty shots of Pretty daughters!
    Liked the second one expression.

12. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Happy Holidays! beautiful girls Kevin! I have 3 daughters...prepare yourself for a wild ride!

Beautifully captured!

13. Thanks Rathika and Trish! I just returned from out of town for a week and just trying to get caught up. Appreciate the comments! Wild ride is right, Trish....and lots and lots of drama!!

14. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Great shots kevin,that 70-200 is a very versatile lens. Lovely girls too, one Daughter is enough for me, two would have me hairless!

15. Lovely young ladies Kevin. Your 16 year old is ready for the big time and I think you sould take her out for a modeling shoot. Like your images.

16. I agree, Chaz! I'm really liking the 70-200! Just need to get out now and play with it some more.

17. Thanks Gordon! Actually, I've taken her out and used her as a model for my advertising shots which I'll use on my website. Slowly, people are seeing them and I'm getting some inquiries. I'm fairly lucky to have 2 beautiful daughters.

18. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Beautiful captures, Kelvin. They are so cute :)

19. Cute little girls! Great family life!

20. MOre than lucky buddy, blessed is more like it. Im sure there inner beauty matches and they both take after their mother :wink:

Sweet shots of adorable young ladies. Mine is 11 turning 18 so cant even imagine. My boy on the other hand who is 8, is about 7. LOL....... give him a pound of sand in his pockets and he is good for the day!!