Christmas Pics

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by AgilityIG, Oct 2, 2008.

1. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    We take a Christmas photo of the dogs every year. This year we found a cool rock in the park across the street. We got a few individual shots and then a group shot. I am not sure this will be THE shot for the year, but it's in the running...

Frank:
    [​IMG]

Robin:
    [​IMG]

Robin, Frank and Betty:
    [​IMG]

2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    LOVE!!!! the one of the three dogs! Beautiful!!

3. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks Leah.

I think we are going to go back and try it again and change the angle a bit so we can make it look like they are closer together. There really isn't any way to physically get them closer (there is only so much room on each of the levels) so may just put them back where they were in this shot and move the camera position to the left a bit.

4. The third shot is so cool. What characters.

5. glewis1

glewis1

Aug 24, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Love the third shot. The large lighter colored guy looks like he is pretty curious about what you're doing

6. I like em all but #3 takes the cake! Love it! Wonderful pooches too!

7. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks for the comments!

The big guy is Robin and he has done the head cocking thing since he was a puppy. All you have to do is talk to him. He does it for his breeder every time he sees her at a show. It's too funny.

8. The third shot is just a terrific one and I wouldn't even bother with a reshoot. It's absolutely wonderful the way it is and definitely should be your Christmas card this year!

9. I totally agree. The lighting is beautiful and they all look majestic. No need to reshoot!

10. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks for the comments everyone - I really really do like this shot and the kids were sooooo good - that doesn't always happen!!

11. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Beautiful Shots!!

12. The last one is amazing. The must be perfectly trained to give you a shot like that. That would be like getting 3 toddlers to sit still and look at you with love in thier eyes all at the same time.

13. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks!

They are actually VERY good about getting their pictures taken - and it doesn't hurt that I was shaking their "cookie" container!!

14. I also love the 3rd shot... Well done...
    Cookie Jar.. Attention grabber..
    Hmmmm. I think I'm gonna have to try that with my 2 retrievers... LOL...

15. Wonderful job training them! Usually when I shake snacks at dogs to get their attention they come to me, LOL. :biggrin:

16. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    If they were on the ground, Betty might have been the one to "break" the stay, but she was about five feet in the air up on that rock! I have found that really helps with taking photos of pets. Put them on something that is raised or somehow create a visual barrier for them (that doesn't necessarily have to be in the photo). When we first got Betty, she had no clue about staying and it was time for the yearly Christmas shot. I lined them all up on my dogwalk - I did have quite a few shots of Betty jumping off the dogwalk. :biggrin: Not the greatest shot, but it worked (Betty is the one under Robin the Whippet):

[​IMG]

17. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    What lovely dogs! Obviously well loved. You can see their trusting expressions.
    My vote goes for the 3 on the rock too.

Lisa

18. Very nice! The 3 on the rocks is definitely a winner!

19. LeCorbusier

LeCorbusier

Feb 6, 2008
    Texas
    The head cocking thing really makes the picture. Great dogs.

20. The group shot gets my vote

Karl