Christmas Portrait

Discussion in 'People' started by Kevin Scott, Dec 25, 2005.

1. So my little one asked Santa for a "fancy dress" and of course he came through for her. It wasn't long after she put it on that she asked me to take her portrait. So, of course I obliged.

Here's Sofia in her new fancy Christmas dress, fresh from Santa Claus!!

Taken with the 70-200VR and SB-800 for fill (shoot through umbrella) and SB-600 for main (brolly box). Backdrop is from a 3-panel packet of lace sheers (from a clearance type dept store for a whopping $3) laid over a white bed sheet.

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful lady, beautiful dress, and a beautiful shot!

3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Lovely shot Kevin! She looks quite proud to be wearing that dress. Id say Santa made the right call alright.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow Kevin, this is really outstanding work. Both the camera work on your part, and the great pose she struck. Awesome man!

5. Beautiful young lady and the dress ain't no slouch either. Way to go Santa.

6. Thanks guys for the kind words! Yeah, she certainly was excited to get her dress. She's a ham in front of the camera as well. I've taught her the pose drill but she tires of it after only a few minutes, unfortunately. I'll take what I can get.

7. Thanks Steve! I guess this is another of those "ok to break the rules" shots. Her pose isn't technically a feminine pose but it certainly captures her attitude/personality which is what I believe portraiture is all about!

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    She sure is a cutie Kevin.. Attitude and personality...lol
    She sure looks like a great personality for sure.

Great shot. I like it alot.

What did you do in PS.....

9. RForshey

RForshey Guest

A great shot Kevin, you captured it just right!

10. srullik

srullik Guest

Outstanding !

11. Kevin,
    You did a wonderful job with this shot!
    The skin tones are fantastic.

Mitch

12. Shows you can get spectacular results from a fairly simple setup.

Very cute daughter you have there.

Don

13. Absolutely stunning photo and model! When I get my hands on some studio stuff you will have to give me some tips Kevin.

14. Thanks Randy and Baron! I just returned from a week out of town and wanted you to know I appreciate your kind words! Thanks again!

15. Ooops, just saw there are some more comments. Thanks Mitch, Don and Rory! I've been really happy with the speedlights and portraiture. They're great for my in-home studio but not really strong enough for larger groups that I've attempted. I'll probably be upgrading to studio lights soon but in the meantime, they're serving me well. It is indeed a simple setup and very flexible. It's also great to adjust the flash settings from the camera with no cords to trip over. Flash seems to be very consistant as well.

Thanks again for the kind words everyone!

16. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    AWWW how cute is that :)

17. gilbert

gilbert

May 6, 2005
    So. CA
    Wow, the lighting is beautiful! The kid ain't bad either. :biggrin:

18. Thanks Chaz and Gilbert! :)

19. She is proud as a punch Kevin! Looks adoreable in her new dress. Awesome pic, sharp as a tack and exposed to a tee.......doesnt hurt your model is a professional though :biggrin:

20. Lol, Keith! Yeah, my little one thinks she's a professional model--"strike a pose"!! Thanks for taking time to comment.