1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Chromatic aberration? Cannot get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Geir, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Geir

Geir

Jul 11, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    Just purchased my copy of NX2, and mostly I learn a little every day.
    With this picture I am a little stomped though.
    If you look at the plastic covered chain, it looks like some kind of halo which I am not getting rid of.
    Any suggestions as to how to do it would be greatly appreciated.
    The raw file can be found here: ftp://geir.dnsdojo.org/Photo/
    Ca.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And if my terminology is not correct, please let me know.

2. Those halos are probably natural halos, given the light coming around the back of the chain and thru the colored plastic: and out of focus may emphasize it even more. I do not think that this is a lens problem. Go back under the same/similar circumstances and see what you see with your own eyes. Using the axial and lateral color aberration tools, which do a good job with my chromatic abberation problems, does not change much. Are you using nx2.2.0? So, Attempting to get rid of it (in the days before the axial, "purple fringing" tool):
    Choose the areas you want to change with the paint brush, go to color lch editor choose chroma and try reducing the chroma of that color (usualy violet purple, move mouse over image and look at black dot in lch) keeping the slider more to the left radius low (looks then more like a spike than a valley when you pull the point down).

Hope this helps

David

3. PaloAlto

PaloAlto

Nov 19, 2008
    Palo Alto, CA
    I agree with David that this is not likely a chromatic abberation issue. But let us know if you have other samples (not of a colored, transparent plastic hose) that are a problem. That may give us a clearer idea of what kind of problem you may be dealing with.

4. Geir

Geir

Jul 11, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    Sorry for late reply, just got back from Prague:smile:
    This was the first pic I noticed that blue shinem, but agreethat it is most probably just halo from the sun shining through the blue plastic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.