Chrome Issue - Anybody Else Seeing This?

So I did a little more digging into this because not only does it intrigue me from the "minor annoyance" side but also from the "what have I learned to enjoy that I take advantage of" side too. I'm on a mac but Chrome isn't all too different between the two OS's.

If I open a new tab and just click the mouse in the address bar, I get a list of about 6-8 recent searches and they can be cross device (work laptop vs. personal laptop) but it's also because I am logged into my google account on both for syncing and ease of use purposes. My work computer isn't locked down like our PC counterparts though so I don't have any strict browser rules/policies implemented. I can see why recent searches upon click can be annoying but considering I use my browser literally all day for work (web development and testing) it doesn't even blip my radar as being annoying. My process for opening a new tab and going somewhere usually looks like this: click new tab or CMD+T and start typing what I want (i.e. I can start typing ap and it goes to our project tracking system, or Y for our search engine tool and so forth) because of me allowing Google to keep track of popular/most frequented sites.

You can take a poke around here - https://myactivity.google.com/activitycontrols and see if there are settings in there to turn off but since you said you don't stay logged in (which is a whole other "interesting" topic) I don't know if this will help because the logged out state will be default Google with little/no settings that'll persist since that's the whole reason to log into it...to persist settings, sync data, etc.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
It is possible that the different behaviour is explained by you being on a Mac and me being on a PC. The different Chrome implementation might be very slightly different in this tiny way.

I stay logged into Google across several devices. I find it all works well. I particularly like the way my Samsung Android phone automatically updates every time it gets a wifi connection, getting emails, Google contacts and Google calendar.

The only thing that doesn't seem to sync is the list of tabs open. Bookmarks sync but tabs don't. At this moment I have 39 tabs open and it can be annoying to have to open them all again on another system.

There are also the concepts of flags and that's a whole other ball of wax that isn't worth exploring. I know I only turn one of the flags off specifically (the hover state over the cards) and I believe there is another one too but I always have to google how to do it when it rears its head on an update.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom