Church

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PGB, Jun 6, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    In 1936 the cornerstone of my church was set. The membership has dwindled over the past few decades but we all, old and young, enjoy the peace that it brings to us through God. One striking feature of this church is the stained glass windows. For almost 70 years these windows have survived the fiercest storms, street ball games, and age... without damage.

The calming affect that overcomes you once inside is very strong. You feel the higher presence.

Faith's strength shines through

[​IMG]

2. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Nice composition and post processing, Patrick.

3. I like this shot, Patrick. It's so different from other stained glass windows. It has a very unique appearance.

4. Patrick:

Good shot. I like the simplicity of the stained glass.

Gil

5. SWEET very well done I like this a lot I get the feeling you are exp laing through your picture you done real well here

6. Patrick;

I love that shot. Such peace and tranquility are evident. And the lighting is soooo soft. Thanks for posting it.

Brian

7. Beautiful shot Patrick. I too like the soft light and feeling of calm. It's always nice to get the added history behind a photograph. Thnxs for sharing.

8. gilbert

gilbert

May 6, 2005
    So. CA
    Very nice! I like the framing and the nice lighting. My only nitpick is the hotspot on the railing at the bottom. It looks like it was unavoidable.

9. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    N-I-C-E!!! Peace and Calm simply cannot describe it.
    Jerry Snider

10. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks everyone for the nice responses. This was my submission in the Challenge 7 too.

Gilbert,

Any idea how I can remove that hot spot. It was unavoidable in my composition when I took the picture but would entertain any ideas on how to remove it.

Thanks again everyone,

11. Patrick I am no PS expert but I think it could easily be cloned out.

12. AndyWoodward

AndyWoodward Guest

If you mean the reflection on the rail, I would probably use the Burn tool on a smallish radius set to highlights with a low exposure (maybe less than 5%). Then repeatedly brush over it until the brightness has been reduced to the point where it is less obtrusive.

If you do this on a duplicate layer, it is a none destructive edit.

There are greater experts than me on the forum who can probably give you alternatives.

Hope this helps,

Andy

13. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks again everyone for the comments and PSCS help.

Cheers,