1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cidada Killer?

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Doug Lutke, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Doug Lutke

Doug Lutke

Dec 30, 2006
    Michigan
    This large wasp was hovering over a small sand pile in our yard yesterday morning. As near as I can tell, it is a cicada killer. Correct me if I'm
    wrong

[​IMG]

2. Nice IF shot, those are hard to get, even if he was hovering.
    Never heard of a cicada killer, till today, but thats what it looks like. I have seen these wasp, and I have seen them carring very large insects, but not cicadas.

3. I never heard them called that, Doug, but that does describe what they do. I have not seen one for many years, but I remember, from when I was very young, watching them carry cicadas to their underground nests.

4. DangerKilo

DangerKilo

May 14, 2009
    Georgia
    A tennis racket! That'll kill em!

5. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    all I see is a padlock. ?

6. I guess because someone might steal the wonderful image and make money with it.

7. Doug Lutke

Doug Lutke

Dec 30, 2006
    Michigan
    Your a very funny person!

Actually this post went for a few days without a comment and I deleted the picture from my Zenfolio account.

Thanks for the other comments as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.