Circular Polorizer for 70-200

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by kccheers, May 24, 2005.

  1. kccheers


    May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Cheers from KC....

    I was just thinking about ordering a CP for my 70-200 2.8VR and was wondering what those of you that have this lens use?
  2. Sam,

    I use the Moose filter and it's great. You can get them at B&H.


  3. nt
  4. When I do use a CP, I use an older (non-thin) Nikon one. Very solid.

  5. What about B+W

    I'm picking up one of these lenses in a few months. I was planning on picking up a B+W CP. I have one for my other lenses and love it. I'm curious why no-one mentioned them. Is there some reason not to get the B+W or is it just that you guys happen not to have B+W and I'm reading into this?


  6. Re: What about B+W

  7. I've just bought a Nikon CP. I have a 70-200 and also a 17-55 so the filter will do for both.

    Got the filter from an Ebay seller in Hong Kong for less than half the UK price.
  8. biggstr6


    Apr 26, 2005
    I use the thin nikon one ,its harder to get a handle on than the thick one ,but it also works with wide angles good.
  9. Baywing


    Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I'm using a Hoya. I have the B+W in a smaller size, from years ago, but I found that while the B+W's are optically very good, the rings seem to lock to the lenses with alarming frequency and tenacity. I've never had this issue with any other brand of filter.
Similar Threads Forum Date
Polarizing Filters----Linear and Circular General Technical Discussion Nov 14, 2015
Nikon 400mm afs ii Circular Polarizer General Technical Discussion Sep 30, 2015
Circular Arrow With The Number 10 General Technical Discussion Jun 14, 2014
Need advice on 77 mm - threaded circular polarizers on the AF-S 12-24mm f/4 General Technical Discussion Apr 1, 2012