Circular Polorizer for 70-200

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by kccheers, May 24, 2005.

1. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Cheers from KC....

I was just thinking about ordering a CP for my 70-200 2.8VR and was wondering what those of you that have this lens use?

2. Sam,

I use the Moose filter and it's great. You can get them at B&H.

Regards,

Scott

3. When I do use a CP, I use an older (non-thin) Nikon one. Very solid.

Glenn

4. What about B+W

I'm picking up one of these lenses in a few months. I was planning on picking up a B+W CP. I have one for my other lenses and love it. I'm curious why no-one mentioned them. Is there some reason not to get the B+W or is it just that you guys happen not to have B+W and I'm reading into this?

thanks,

Dave

5. Re: What about B+W

nt

6. I've just bought a Nikon CP. I have a 70-200 and also a 17-55 so the filter will do for both.

Got the filter from an Ebay seller in Hong Kong for less than half the UK price.

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I use the thin nikon one ,its harder to get a handle on than the thick one ,but it also works with wide angles good.

8. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I'm using a Hoya. I have the B+W in a smaller size, from years ago, but I found that while the B+W's are optically very good, the rings seem to lock to the lenses with alarming frequency and tenacity. I've never had this issue with any other brand of filter.