City named after a Tree

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PEPPER PETE, May 18, 2007.

1. I live in a city named Thousand Oaks, and I have never taken any photos of these beautiful trees. While out the other day I decided to take a couple so here is what I took in the surrounding hill sides. I welcome all coments. I hope you like Oak Trees.
    Pete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I like oak trees and your pictures.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The first one is outstanding

4. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    You have very good isolation on the first one .... I really like it. Was the isolation achieved through a little PP or was that how you shot it?

Great image!!

5. very nice, love the first one for the reasons already mentioned.

6. Thanks Fuss, Oak Trees are some of my favorites.
    Pete

Thank you Gale, I tend to lean towards the first one also.
    Pete

Thanks Shekhar, the tree was on a little knoll with no other trees or bushes near by. That is the way I shot it. The PP was a small amout of levels.
    Pete

Thank you Dave. I appreciate the comment.
    Pete

7. Nice shots of some beautiful Live Oaks.

8. Thanks Stephen, we have alot of them around here and we seem to take them for granted and maybe don't see the beauty in them.
    Pete