City of Rocks

Real Name
Dan
City of Rocks National Reserve, Idaho. These were from last February after we finally got a good snow storm. First picture is with the Z7 and a Zeiss Biogon ZM 25mm f2.8.

DSC_0627-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z7 with Konica M Hexanon 90mm f2.8

DSC_0650-X3.jpg

Next picture is from a few years ago with a Fuji X-Pro2 and Fuji 90mm f2

Saddlerock-X3.jpg

Real Name
Dan
Terri, it is a great place with lots of trails and some spots that can be seen close to the road.

Real Name
Dan
Great set. Never been there in the winter. The B&W shot is amazing.
Thank you. I'd wanted to go in the winter for years, but was afraid of getting stuck. When I went I found that they had plowed the road for about 1/3 of the way in. I was still glad to have my 4 wheel drive truck.

Real Name
Dan
Another great series! Love #3 the B&W one! Any idea what made the snow prints in #1?
Thanks Karen. I think that the prints near the center are coyote. The tracks to the left are rabbit. I saw some deer tracks while I was there and I kinda think that the tracks on the right that are deeper were the deer tracks.

Beautiful, Dan! The 1st and the 3rd blow me away. I've never been there, but when I first saw your title, I thought that perhaps it was the City of Rocks State Park in the Chihuahuan desert region of New Mexico which I have visited . . .

Real Name
Dan
Beautiful, Dan! The 1st and the 3rd blow me away. I've never been there, but when I first saw your title, I thought that perhaps it was the City of Rocks State Park in the Chihuahuan desert region of New Mexico which I have visited . . .
Thank you. I've wanted to get to that City of Rocks near Deming for years.

Real Name
Dan
Thank you Wembley and Bohdan.

Re, the Zeiss ZM 25mm: It is a beautiful, small lens that is very solid and well made. Since it was designed for the Leica M mount there is field curvature that causes the corners and edges to be less sharp than I would like if wide open. When stopped down to f 8 or 11 and carefully focused I get results that I am pleased with. I do like the colors from this lens.

This spring I bought a used Z 24-70 f4 and I don't use the LM mount lenses much anymore.

Latest threads

Top Bottom