Civics, a Del Sol, an RSX, and a. . .Chevelle SS?

Hey everyone,

Well earlier today I got a call from a friend of mine to go do a shoot with some cars for his clothing company. We went to his friend's house to meet a few kids with some civics, and a del sol. We parked out in his long driveway, and I shot natural light of the three, and not too long after his dad pulled out the SS. We then went over to a park where we found this puddle with a perfect sunset, and provided a superb reflection (no photoshop done to it). I must say I'm over all very impressed with this shoot and could say its the best I've ever done.

Enjoy!

5639680124_96ddfc822a_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5639104699_c7a07910af_b.jpg

5639680510_2160426f9f_b.jpg

5639105161_ef7688a05b_b.jpg

5639105813_f38aa4d7fa_b.jpg

5639684960_673304cfc7_b.jpg

5639681998_db47bf52ac_b.jpg

5639687262_bc15bbf9ca_b.jpg

5639110781_2fc0f5bdf1_b.jpg

5639687968_c4791b915a_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(Take this all constructively) The lighting is WAYYYYYYYYY too intense! Especially on the Del Sol, you can see some extreme swirls and then barely see the guys' faces.

The puddle could be cool, but the background is just entirely distracting

Is there a clone mistake on #5?

The CHEVELLE SS, looks nice though, so I'd encourage you to practice with it!

Work on Framing (Not necessarily the rule of thirds everytime but something that shows off the cars a bit more with interest), car angles with turning the wheel to show the beauty of the car, background separation and lighting correctly.

Best of luck to you and keep at it, that's the only way we get better! :)

(Take this all constructively) The lighting is WAYYYYYYYYY too intense! Especially on the Del Sol, you can see some extreme swirls and then barely see the guys' faces.

The puddle could be cool, but the background is just entirely distracting

Is there a clone mistake on #5?

The CHEVELLE SS, looks nice though, so I'd encourage you to practice with it!

Work on Framing (Not necessarily the rule of thirds everytime but something that shows off the cars a bit more with interest), car angles with turning the wheel to show the beauty of the car, background separation and lighting correctly.

Best of luck to you and keep at it, that's the only way we get better! :)

Thanks! I take all criticism constructively :smile:

The puddle was just a quick shoot, I at first wasnt expecting it to work out at all, but enjoyed how it came out.

That is a clone mistake actually on number 5, I didnt even notice, I'll have to fix it, thank you!

Nice captures..

? Camaro..Nope a Chevelle.

Thanks!

And thanks for clearing that up too, I wasnt exactly too sure haha :biggrin:

I give you credit for trying your heart out, but for me, none of them wowed me. If I had to pick one by force, I'd say #2 is my favorite (even though I'm not fond of the wooden fence sticking out of the front of the windshield) . I wish they were a bit sharper too(#2 & 3).

I admire you for posting your pictures and insisting on critique. Keep them coming, I'm sure they'll improve with every opinion given.

Latest threads

Top Bottom