Civil War Re-enactment

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by olshroom, Jun 13, 2017.

1. DSC_2146_zpseed7bbtt%20Bk-Wh-X2.
    First I want to tell the Cafe this is not my photo. Unknown how it got into my folder. The original was in color with an automobile in the background. I croped it out and tried a vintage approach to the photo.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bart

Bart

Sep 20, 2009
    Excellent processing, Jim!
    Great work.

3. merlin

merlin

Oct 12, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Merlin Emrys
    The vintage approach works very well!

4. Works for me as well. nicely done

5. Wonderful processing. Nice image however it got there!

6. Thanks everyone. My smile for the day.

7. awesome work.............my Son just joined the Union, in fact I just made a Bread and Ammo box for him yesterday.

8. Jim – I took that picture in 2013 at Fort Macon in NC. We were at Pine Knoll Shores and ventured up the coast to check out the fort. They have Civil War reenactments every year and we happened to hit it on the button that year. The fort is a neat place to visit and I highly recommend it to anyone who is in the area. The picture was posted in a Café thread to illustrate why you should try to get modern items out of reenactment photos. I like the processing you did. When I was editing my shots, I tried to convert a few of the photos into a sepia look and have posted them below.

DSC_7958.
    DSC_7960.

• Like Like x 1