CLA Question

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by photolizard, Aug 8, 2008.

1. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    When sending a lens in for a CLA, what kind of charges should be expected, and will it remove dust from within a lens?
    Never had to do one until now!!

2. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Can anyone help me on this?

3. I don't know what CLA is.

4. It depends what you ask them to do - if you want them to remove dust from within the lens, then sure they can do it, just expect the price to be higher than an external CLA

Your best bet would be to call your local Nikon service center, explain the problem, and ask them how much it would cost to clean.

However, dust on the inside of a lens is normal after a while, and in most cases will not affect the image quality. I would only get it sorted out if you are really facing a problem with image quality.

Remember, if there are only a couple of dust particles in there now, opening up the lens to remove them may introduce a whole bunch of additional particles (although of course you would expect the lens to be opened in a dust free environment)

5. Clean, Lubricate, Adjust

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.