1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Clapper Rail

Discussion in 'Merritt Island VI' started by DW Brewer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

As the light really started going to pot on February 2 (just before the rain started in), I spotted this Clapper Rail. My apolgies to Kristin and Connie, I originally mis-identified this bird as a Sora Rail. My thanks to Luis Villablanca for correcting the ID. Because of the lousy light, this image is taken at ISO1600, so it contains some noise (more than I would like). To preserve the colors, I put up with the noise.

-
    109387634.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

-
    109387654.jpg

-
    109387659.jpg

2. Nice bird. I would never see one of these by myself. I need a better pair of eyes than mine with me.
    Imagine the noise on the D2X?

Cold here - only 50 and windy this morning - it will be a shock when I get home.

3. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Allan:
    The sad part is if I had seen the bird twenty minutes earlier, the light was easily +2EV better... There we go with "ifs," "ands," or "buts."
    Yeah, I still pull out the D2X from time to time; it's such a hands-on camera compared to the D300. But it has its limitations.

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Good capture in soem difficult conditions.

5. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Great, Dave! Hey, no apologies necessary, we never would have known he was there at all if not for you... :smile:

6. rfregoso

rfregoso

Dec 11, 2007
    Mexico City
    Do not worry, the noise is barely noticeable.
    Great pics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.