Clapper Rail

D

DW Brewer

As the light really started going to pot on February 2 (just before the rain started in), I spotted this Clapper Rail. My apolgies to Kristin and Connie, I originally mis-identified this bird as a Sora Rail. My thanks to Luis Villablanca for correcting the ID. Because of the lousy light, this image is taken at ISO1600, so it contains some noise (more than I would like). To preserve the colors, I put up with the noise.

-
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

-

-

Nice bird. I would never see one of these by myself. I need a better pair of eyes than mine with me.
Imagine the noise on the D2X?

Cold here - only 50 and windy this morning - it will be a shock when I get home.

D

DW Brewer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Allan:
The sad part is if I had seen the bird twenty minutes earlier, the light was easily +2EV better... There we go with "ifs," "ands," or "buts."
Yeah, I still pull out the D2X from time to time; it's such a hands-on camera compared to the D300. But it has its limitations.

Great, Dave! Hey, no apologies necessary, we never would have known he was there at all if not for you... :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom