Classic Ansel Adams Location (Yosemite)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Desert Rat, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Here is a just your run of the mill Yosemite shot at sunset. This is from the classic Ansel Adams Tunnel View of Yosemite Valley.

Shot is Spring 2005 and it was one of the first images with my D2X :Shocked:

ENjoy
    All comments and critiques welcome..

2. Very nice I hope to make it out to Yosemite one day I could spend a month there shooting

3. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Absolutely gorgeous ! Ansel Adams ain't got nothin' on you !!!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Quite a breath taking view and image of same.

5. PhotoOp71

PhotoOp71 Guest

Beautiful Photo.

6. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful site, great capture

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Simply Amazing

Hi

That is simply amazing. What a fabulous shot. The D2X looks a real bit of kit but your shot and composition is what counts and it is fabulous.

I hope you don't mind but I was somewhat inspired by your work and wanted to have a play with the image and came up with this; hope you like the idea.

Tried a sloightly lighter approach and tried to bring the foreground out.

I will of course remove immediately if you prefer.

All the best

Ray

[​IMG]

8. Ray where is the picture???

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Eric - Picture

Hi Eric,

the picture is showing up fine on my monitor and even in your post it has come up.:confused:

Do you want to chack again please eric.

Very best wishes

Ray

10. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Nice work, though I do agree that i would like to see the foreground brought up a little (not as much as the re-do, it looks artificial). Maybe add some contrast to the foreground would help, too. Can't imagine how grand it looked in person......

11. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    As suggested by BayWing

Hi Eric

Following Baywing's advice I reduced the artificial processing and hope this brings out the foreground whilst leaving the rest balanced and intact.

By the way, odd you didnt see the image before when I did - it is now not showing on my pc???

All the best

Ray

[​IMG]

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi DesertRat,

Very Nicely Done. I love the muted colors and compositon.

Thanks for posting

Regards

RFC