Classic Chris Crafts from Lake Hopatcong

Every year the Yacht Club at Lake Hopatcong in northern NJ hosts a Classic Boat Show. Most are Chris Crafts, but other makes and models are there as well.

This year I got to the show very late and a lot of the exhibitors had already left. It was a very hot day, 90 plus, with high humidity as well.

I had also hoped to meet a fellow cafe member (Larry form Connecticut), but he was gone by the time I got there. Also missed seeing his nikon cafe hat.

Anyway, here are a few of the shots I did get that Saturday. There are a few more on my website.

Steve

27328149-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

27329269-M.jpg

27329264-M.jpg

L

LarryJacobson

Steve,

Clearly you're a "Bow" man. Personally, I have a thing for sterns.

Nice, shots.

-Larry

Larry,

Given the tough light that late in the afternoon, the bows were definitely easier to work with. But, here's a stern shot for you.

Steve

27329792-M.jpg

Larry,

Is there anything you can tell me about the Chris Craft with the Coca Cola cooler? Length, Year manufactured etc??

I think I'm going to enter it in a photo contest here in NJ and I wanted to have a little background on it.

Thanks,

Steve

L

LarryJacobson

Steve,

The boat your're looking for is, "Friend-Ship", owned by Mike Smith and Dan Frey. It is a 1954 Chris~Craft, 17' Utility.

Here's another view of the boat:

Friendship.jpg

Larry,

That's her. Thank you for the info. Not sure if the folks running the photo contest need it, but I have it now just in case.

Gordon,

Thanks for the kind words.

Steve

K

Ken-L

These are the boats of "my youth"! The classic Chris Crafts are what come to my mind whenever I think of speed boats - great shots.

Latest threads

Top Bottom