1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Classic Ford from Australia.

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by bestgolfer, Sep 5, 2008.

1. 2829543767_a3dc105c9a_b.

Noticed this today at the local golf club...I am an English car type, so not too familiar with this model....but it looked good.

2. Ron

It's a 55 Fairlane with right hand drive. A lot of rhd vehicles were exported from Canada. I have seen an origional rhd 64 Chevy Belair in Minnesota. It had a rhd 62 pontiac dash factory installed and was used for mail delivery. Nice capture BTW. Thanks for sharing.........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. Very cool car and a great shot .... haven't seen a RHD '55 before.

Regards,

4. Nice looking Ford Ron... Great shot...

Hey Ted, the 50's Ford Fairlane's in the States / Canada were known as Ford Customlines here in Oz until about 59, I think, when they then released what we called the "Barge" Fairlaine...
    First of the Fords here in Oz running a 9" diff. The next one released was known as a "Compact" Fairlane...
    Just a little history into the Fairlane's here... ;o))

5. Wally

Thanks for the info, I don't really follow the automotive trends down under. It's not until Holden starts supplying platforms for cars like the GTO that we take notice. I can tell you the old school rear wheel drive guys here sure envy all the rwd vehicles produced in OZ..........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.