classic low riders

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by fks, May 31, 2007.

1. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    from last sunday's carnaval. i didn't get to see a display of their hydraulics, unlike the previous years.

all images taken with the D2H + 70-200mm VR

ricky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great shots .... thanks for sharing them with us.

3. FKS:
    Great shots. That was a fun parade. I read that the SF PD told the low riders that any display of the hydraulics would result in a ticket and immediate ouster from the parade. The PD claims they were afraid of a car "losing control and going into the crowd". Sounds like a bogus concern to me.:cool:

Michael

4. great pics! The black gloss on #2 & #3 is incredible.....I agree, that does sound like a bogus rationale, but then again in litigious America...:rolleyes:

5. Oh wow! very cool, and great job with the photos.

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi all-

thanks for taking a look :smile:

i agree with michael and chris, i guess the city just wants to err on the safe side. given that the owners of these cars lavish so much attention, time and money on them, i doubt they'd get carried away with a display of hydraulics and let their cars go anywhere near the audience. i would say that the cars were the most sedate of all the participants in the parade, which is a pity.

ricky

7. Hey Ricky -

Very fine shots, very sweet cars.

It must be *really* tough to keep those dark ones' finishes so pristine . . .

Nicely done!

Thanks,

Eric

8. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi greg and eric-

thanks for the compliments :)

i have a black car myself, and i'm envious of the shine on the cad!

ricky

9. canuckr

canuckr

Apr 9, 2007
    CBD Detroit
    That sucks. Its a pretty bogus concern, made by the police. I could see that statment being true at highway speeds; but crawling at a snails pace, its fine.. For reference, I used to own a lowerider with hyrdaulics..

Great pixors.. I love #5..

10. Bill K

Bill K

Jan 29, 2006
    Reno, Nevada
    Great pictures, To tell you the truth, I have seen one flip over and almost go into the bystanders, They were really bouncing high..lol. But just a mild up and down would be fine.
    Thanks for sharing.