Classic Seattle Skyline from the Ferry

From the Ferry on the way to Bainbridge Island. About a 5 shot pano:

20210418  12 30 071-web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The issue of stitching images while in motion if the motion is rapid enough and if the photographer is close enough to the scenes being captured is that the perspective could be different on every captured image.

It reminds me that Norman Rockwell did this intentionally. He painted a very long work of art in which the perspective of viewing the buildings on the left, center and right is the same. I seem to remember that he even photographed the scene that way (standing in front of a building to take the photo, then moving to stand in front of the next building, then again and again until all of the buildings had been photographed using the same perspective). He then did the painting that way.

Last edited:
The issue of stitching images while in motion if the motion is rapid enough and if the photographer is close enough to the scenes being captured is that the perspective could be different on every captured image.

It reminds me that Norman Rockwell did this intentionally. He painted a very long work of art in which the perspective of viewing the buildings on the left, center and right is the same. I seem to remember that he even photographed the scene that way (standing in front of a building to take the photo, then moving to stand in front of the next building, then again and again until all of the buildings had been photographed using the same perspective). He then did the painting that way.
It was a pretty calm day. I think some of the taller buildings look a bit wonky if you look at them too closely enough though I generally think this one worked out well. LR does a remarkable job with the water . . .

Very enjoyable scene. I don't remember if you enjoy making monochrome images but this would work very well in that style.
Ask and ye shall receive. I do like B&W . . .
20210418  12 30 071-Pano-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom