cleaning laptop display

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrdinh, May 15, 2005.

1. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    what do you guys/gals clean your laptop monitor with? and where do you get it?

thanks

2. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    hehe... I use windex and a clean rag on all my LCDs.

Doesn't work for CRTs though with their special coatings it becomes more like cleaning a lense, so I use a chamois on CRTs.

3. Old soft towel, windex, spray the windex on the towel NOT the screen....

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I use iClean from Monster, best I have ever used. I think it is about $15 for 2 small bottles with a cleaning cloth, for about $15. It last a long time too.
    Never ever use any window cleaners... They will damage the protective coating that are on the LCD.

5. Very soft water damp rag, after blowing off the screen
    with a can of air to remove any small dust particals.

I would avoid using windex the amonia will damage
    the protective coating after a while.

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Club Soda

Club Soda sprayed on a soft clean rag. (It can be old with no more fizz - I keep some in a spray bottle in the kitchen)

Club soda is great for mirrors too and has no harsh chemicals to worry about (great for treating stains in a restaurant). I even use it to clean my glass top range. My wife turned me on to it.....

7. The best things are called Kleen & Dry. They are made by Read/Right. They have a wet cloth and a dry one. The work on CRTs and LCDs.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    damp paper towel

9. Klear Screen

I use the Klear Screen system. Some kind of polymer based cleaner and a microfiber towel. I read an article a while back and they recommended this for LCD displays. I don't remember where, but it was pretty reputable. I've used it for years now on my laptop and my LCD screen for my desktop. It works great.

Dave

10. Brian

Brian

Apr 30, 2005
    Toronto
    I use Kensington Surface Guardian. Comes with wet/dry cleaning packs. So far so good.

11. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Re: Club Soda

I read that last sentence so wrong first time through. ;)

Neil

12. GeneR

GeneR Guest

I use a Kensigton kit for plasma screens that says it is also safe for LCD screens. It has a small brush that you use first (to remove dust), then a spray, then an anti-static cloth that you clean with and, finally, a microfiber cloth for the final wipe. My assistant ordered recently from our office supply vendor, so I have not seen the invoice yet, but it works fairly well.