Cleaning lenses

I just shined a flashlight on one of my "new" lenses tonight...and wow, it was dirty! A lot of dust and random particles on it...

I tried using my Nikon lens pen to clean it, but there were still specks that look like it was dirty, but not scratches or marks in the lens. So, I was wondering, how do you guys keep your lenses clean without scratching it? I would love to get it absolutely perfect if I can.

Thanks in advance!

Don't look into your lenses that way, it will only lead to disappointment. My brand new 70-300VR has visible spots when viewed with a flashlight as does my used 80-200 2.8D. It's really no big deal as these small particles have no impact on your images.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't look into your lenses that way, it will only lead to disappointment. My brand new 70-300VR has visible spots when viewed with a flashlight as does my used 80-200 2.8D. It's really no big deal as these small particles have no impact on your images.
That's true, I admit a lot of my question is coming from my anal-retentiveness at wanting my toys clean and flawless :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I clean only what a lens pen will remove. Works well enough for me. :) (I understand wanting them spotless though, I did an assembly line cleaning of all my gear just last week! :biggrin:)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom