cleaning up gear

I spent some time last night rearranging my gear to get ready to go back to Panama soon. I went through all my stuff and got rid of things I didn't use. I also found a few things I've been looking for. It's funny how some basic spring cleaning can make a difference in appearence. Here's a snap shot after the cleaning. The only items not pictured are 3 Sbs which are hidden under the SB900, a few smalller lenses which are also underneath, more wizzards and the 400mm which has its own case. All other accessories are in Tamrac Bags.

Taken on camera phone...

IMG00086-20110615-0046.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice set up. What hard case is that? I've run out of room in my soft vase and have thought of getting a large hard case as a single storage solution.

Nice set up. What hard case is that? I've run out of room in my soft vase and have thought of getting a large hard case as a single storage solution.

Pelican 1650 with pick n pull foam. I highly recommend Pelican as it is shock proof, water proof and it also has a pressure release valve. When traveling back and forth from USA to Panama, Pelican is my choice. :smile:

do you check it when you fly?

Good Question. The TSA has certain special guidelines for photographers. I do check it and pay a small fee however it isn't counted against me as weight limit due to the "photographer guidlines". As with other type of equipment such as SCUBA gear and skis you can check to see what is allowed per airline via the TSA website. I was able to take lots of gear to and from the US and Panama after researching the TSA information online. Thus this saved me from it counting agianst me. I am allowed my regular luggage, a carry on plus most of my photo gear.:smile: But the Panamainians in PTY aways ask for tip after moving that Pelican around..LOL about 60 pounds.:biggrin:

Real Name
Mike
So what sort of insurance covers checked photographic equipment? I did not know it was available, although logically it must exist.
I don't know about a specific policy for flights, but my insurance policy through a German underwriter covers this type of loss.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Great organization..."Nikon" wording is fairly straight, items are pretty evenly space...but rear camera body is slightly crooked! :eek:

Where can you buy just the pick and pull foam ?
I would like to set up something like this in a drawer at home
Thanks in advance

I hate checking my gear in and never do. I've heard waaaaay too many horror stories!

Nice case though!

I'm with you, Jonathan. I have two bags. One LowePro and a DaKine camera bag that fits almost everything I own.

If I'm traveling, I might check in two of my flashes, my macro lens, my D90, and some other bits. But my D700, main lenses, and at least one flash, my charger, Rapid Strap, and batteries stay with me on the plane as a carry-on.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom