1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cleared for takeoff...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Holmes, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Out chasing dragonflies but it was too late in the day, harsh light and breezy. Gave up on getting a nice shot and went for a fun perspective. This guy was fairly cooperative while I crawled around on my belly!

p174226607.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Heh heh, yes this is a nice view!!!

3. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    Whatever it takes to get the shot, right? Hehe. Nice perspective and detail, for sure.

4. Cool shot, I spent the afternoon looking for dragons, seems like they have cleared out. Hate I missed them, just got got a D300:frown:

5. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    Sorry you missed them, Tom. I've been out every day for the past 10 days and autumn is happening fast. Last week there were TONS of them, lots of fall flowers, lots of monarchs. Every day more blooms wither, fewer butterflies and dragonflies.

We'll get to shoot some pretty fall color soon, hopefully.

6. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Nice!

7. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Thank you, folks. The dragonflies are on the way out here, too, as fall sets in with cold nights and short days.

I was never much on dragonflies.... until I started chasing them around! Sort of an addictive practice, to be sure. Started too late this year but I'll be ready for the little flying machines come next spring.

Just another obsession brought into my life courtesy of the Cafe members :) 

8. cszakolczai

cszakolczai

Oct 1, 2008
    NJ
    awesome shot... I hate bugs but thats really cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.