Cleo the Cat

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Cleo was hanging out on our bed as I got my gear ready for a zoo photo club shoot tomorrow. I shot this one with the D2X SB800 and the 50 1.8 what a sweet little gem of a lens this is.

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2005
  2. incredible detail. I do not have that lens, but pictures like this could spark LLD so quit it!
    Dave

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shot of the Supervisor Mike :>)) Pretty kitty. Unusual eyes.

I also have that lens.. It is very nice for sure.

Go ahead Dave ..It is inexpensive and every photog should have one :>)))))

4. Pretty Kitty. I hope I can master the 50/1.8 as well as you have. I have one on the way..............

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful kitty and very well done shot Mike. She looks a lot like Pumpkin (who has her wide butt perched in my lap right now :rolleyes:).

6. Dave
    This little lens cost around 100.00 so might be a good one to feed the disease with to put it in remission for a bit

7. Great idea!

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Loved your shot, so I spent the last 1/2 hour drooling over your other photos on your web site. Impressive!

I used to shoot with a 50mm f1.8 Nikkor with an FE (telling my age). Now I moved to convenience with various zooms on D2X (18-55 f2.8, 28-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 12-24 f4, 80-400VR, and 24-120VR for carrying around. I forgot just how simple and pure the results are with 50mm, and f1.4 - WOW!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane - and a new perspective.

9. Mark
    The nifty fifty is a gem of a lens and they dont get more portable than this one

10. Thanks Frank post a shot of pumpkin when you get a chance

11. Thanks so much glad you enjoyed my galleries. I have not shot with the 50 for over a year now and have made a conscious effort to use some lens I have not used in a while.

12. Great shot of Cleo, Mike! Very nicely presented also.
    When I got the zooms I planned for, I got rid of my AF 50 (just to kake room). Lately I have started to shoot some with my old Ai 50mm f/1.4 (my FM's standard lens) and I love the quality of it.

13. Frits
    Thanks for the inspiration now to try and get my other two cats to cooperate. For a chap lens the quality it produces is outstanding