Clicking noise in LV mode

When using my D800 in Aperture and Manual priority modes and in LV, I hear a louder than normal clicking noise whenever I change the aperture. When in Shutter priority mode and LV, I don't here the clicks as the aperture changes.

Is this normal? :confused:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Found this in Thom Hogans book (page 484)... "Two things to note about Still Live View (and these are changes from previous Nikon DSLRs): (1) the aperture is closed down to what you’ve set—you’re viewing with the aperture that will be used for the shot; if you change apertures you’ll hear the lens clicking as you do; and (2) the real exposure is shown."
Just curious as to why?

Nevermind ... Found my answer on page 495. :)

Sounds like a good book! LoL

Found this in Thom Hogans book (page 484)... "Two things to note about Still Live View (and these are changes from previous Nikon DSLRs): (1) the aperture is closed down to what you’ve set—you’re viewing with the aperture that will be used for the shot; if you change apertures you’ll hear the lens clicking as you do; and (2) the real exposure is shown."
Just curious as to why?

Nevermind ... Found my answer on page 495. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom