Clingman's Dome, beauty naturally

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Doug, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Sometimes, it's well worth the trip up. Today I think was worth it. Some of the flowers were at stops on the 7 mile drive up to the top. I hope you like...
    Doug

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. very nice series Doug. I had a very similar weekend shooting (subjects) in West Virginia.
    Dave

3. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Great shots Doug. It would have been worth at 7 mile walk. I will be down that way in the fall, maybe I will stop there.
    Pete

4. cajunrose

cajunrose Guest

You live in one of my favorite places in the world. I always look forward to your pictures. I wish I could live there too. I'll have to settle for visits every 5-10 years :)

Stephenie

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thank you all! Well Stephanie, you can tour my gallery in between, ya know. I shoot year round there, so I add things all the time. Not in large numbers, but you can usually always see somthing new every month.

Doug

7. cajunrose

cajunrose Guest

I always do Doug. I can't recall, have you shot (I'm sure you have) Cades Cove? That place is so neat. We took our wedding pictures there (we eloped in Gatlinburg).

8. cajunrose

cajunrose Guest

Nevermind, I am looking in your gallery now and I see them! Guess it's been a while since I looked..LOL

9. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Nice shots, Doug. The first one reminded me of some shots I took up there last year. Its a neat place.

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Stephanie, I haven't shot everything in the Cove, I've selectively shot, someday, I am sure I will have other calls to shoot other things there, and more and improved wildlife, but I sometimes, ride the loop, it's soon to be time to, after some of the tourists have cashed in for the summer. :)

Thanks Rex, I love it on top of Clingman's. It's not the top of the world, but it's the top of this area. :)