Clipped wing

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 12, 2007.

1. wingclip_edited-1.

Yes I did clipped a wing on this shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  2. As I noted in another thread, nothing at all wrong with a clipped wing. We had a show of award winning images here a few months ago, almost all had a clipped wing or two. As I have been told, it can add a bit of "tension" to the image, and can help to draw the focus to the body of the bird, as it does in yours along with the wing position.

Personally, I like this. I think this is a really nice image, I would open up the shadow on the birds body and probably crop to move the bird just "a touch" left of center, but that is me being a busy-body :biggrin: :biggrin:

Looks nice as it is, off this week to see if our "locals" have returned, you folks are driving me nuts with Osprey shots already ..... :tongue: :tongue: :wink:

3. Gary, this is a great shot. I couldn't add anything to what Bill has already said.

Louie

4. Bill Thanks for the Tips I really appreciate when someone actually looks at a picture as you have.

Again Thank you

Thanks Louis

I really appreciate you looking and most of all Leting me know you looked with your comment.

5. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    In my opinion what really draws your eye in this shot is the claws. They are just tack sharp and sticking out like that instead of being tucked in it really shows you how big and sharp those talons are. I like it the way it is and don't mind the clipped wing (it happens, what can you do?) as the shot itself is superb. Keep'em coming!

6. Gary this looks good but if the tip missing bothers you make a BG layer and make it the same as the sky but a bit larger than the photo and flaten and then clone or paint the tips on.
    Now if they needed to be added live they would call that IMMPING:smile: So try and do a little IMMPING in PSCS:wink:
    Lou

7. You know Lou that might work but a better way is to go out and take the shot right. It's not like that bird is never going to take that position again.

That sounds like the lady that put plastic logs in her fireplace because they looked more real. LOL :rolleyes: :eek:

8. Gary Did not mean to rub your feathers the wrong way with my suggestion as it sounded like you were looking for a way to save the wing tip. As for the Immping part I said this in JEST, just kidding a bit but that is what they actually do to a live bird missing feathers. So if you did take it the wrong way I am sorry and did not mean that to happen.
    Lou
    PS About the plastic logs in the fire place, well at least they won't have termites.:biggrin: :biggrin: Now I am kidding again.
    Lou

9. Lou I'm the one that is sorry I didn't mean to come off that way. I went out today and took 164 Shots of inflight and only had about 25 that I could not post Blurr or Clipped wings I'll post some later. Please don't get my humor wrong, what you said is correct.

10. WHEw, glad to hear that as I didn't want you to think all us Yankees are mean and nasty:biggrin: As for the 25 out of 164 I would be quite happy with that as it's a better than 15% return on your efforts. I'll take that on any day even with the sun out. IN flight photos are the toughtest there are to capture, not just because of the movement but the lighting of feathers for detail. There is a fellow that was voted photographer of the month by Cornell University, name of Jody Meldelson (he is out of Canada) and he posts on Fred Miranda (Nature & Wilflife) and with out a doubt he is one of the best in flight shooters I and many others have ever seen. He uses a bushhawk rifle stock to mount the camera and a 400mm stright focal length lens and I have classed him as the fastest gun the west has ever seen if he lived back in those days.
    Lou

11. No I mean I only threw out 25 I will post 5 in a few minutes after I down load