Clock in the Cathedral of Roskilde, Denmark

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gmaker1, Aug 27, 2005.

1. 48307591.

St. George kills the dragon on the hour and the dragon lets out a frightful wail. Kirsten Kimers chimes the quarters on her small bell and Per Dover strikes the hours on the large clock while Kirsten shakes her head nervously. The face of the clock shows all 24 hours of the day. The wail of the dragon is made by a bellows that pumps air into three out of tune organ pipes. The clock was built in the late 15th century.

2. A very interesting 24 hour clock you have photographed there. My daughter in law is named Kirsten so I will have to tell her about the clock. Thanks for sharing this interesting story.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thats cool! I love old clocks.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Neat story....I love clocks as well...that one is a bit morbid to hang in the dining hall, but a neat story nonetheless! :eek: Thanks for sharing....

5. Leigh, Pat and Gordon:

Thanks for the comments. The sound of the dragon was really cool. Old clocks are a hobby of mine. Love to find them and listen to the chimes.

Gil