Clone Stamp not working on CS4...says "error"

You will need to supply more details than that Bobby. A lot more - what are you doing, exact message, OS, file type............ start with those

Running Windows Vista Home Premium, I open a jpeg file. All of the other tools work properly, however when I click on the clone stamp icon, there is a symbol like a "+" sign, and a message that says,

Adobe photoshop CS4 extended, "Could not use the clone stamp because of a program error".

One thing to try- no harm. Try picking the spot you are going to clone from- alt key and click somewhere. I have seen an occasional error message when I get ahead of myself and that fixes it. Your issue is likely something else- but this would take 2 seconds to check and would be a lot easier than a reinstall.
Good luck
Gary

Bobby, do you use a Wacom or similar graphics tablet? If so it may be that you have 'messed up' your settings. You will need to check preferences for the tool

You may find it worthwhile to:
Check your preferences are correct for the tools in the Edit preferences menu.

Or a little more drastic

Restore all preferences to default settings
Close Photoshop then while holding Ctrl+Alt+Shift and click to start Photoshop again. You should then be prompted to delete the current settings

Re-boot -- first thing I always try -- then reset your tool settings --
If that setill doesn't work -- I would try a re-install

That message comes up if you try to sample without first pressing "ALT".

The "plus" sign means that your "Caps Lock" is on.

DG

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom