Cloning

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by midocr, Jul 20, 2008.

1. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    I need a lesson in cloning. It's something I have never been able to do. I posted some images in the macro forum (https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=179035). I love the last image of the Japanese Maple seeds, but there is a shadow line on one of wings I'd like to remove. I've tried, but cannot get it to look right. I'm currently using PSP 12, but would imagine cloning is cloning. All help and hints are greatly appreciated. Thanks! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    I'm signing up for this thread so I can read the comments about how to get that line out. I have problems with cloning and many times just give up. There has to be a secret I don't know about--I hope :biggrin:

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Cloning might be the most versatile procedure for this kind of problem, but there are other methods that have their place. In this particular case, the hue and saturation levels in the shadow are virtually identical to those in the surroundings -- only the brightness differs. [Some shadows can manifest color shifts.] Therefore, you could use a mask and simply brighten the shadow to match the surroundings. In other cases, a smudge with a semitransparent soft brush works wonders. Peano said the right word -- "practice":smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.