Close Up's

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dbirdsong, Jul 11, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I got up this morning and set out to use my 105 Nikkor Micro that I got a few weeks ago.
    I must say I am in love with it now.
    Here are a few shots with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Check out the rest on my website if you interested.
    http://www.davebirdsong.com/msuflowers/

2. All of your images are fantastic, but I especially LOVE your yellow rose. The texture and your lighting are beautiful. You have really caught these flowers at their peak!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave, I can certainly see why you like that lens. You and Crystall, and Dave, and all of the folks here are making me very envious of your macro lenses. 8)

Very enjoyable shots. :wink:

4. Hi Dave, nice images you have here. Good color.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

You know you have that VR lens and I think you have a longer than a 200mm zoom that makes me envious.. Want to trade for the 105mm? :D

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Crystal

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

No.... :lol:

I will make you a deal though. You come to the Cafe get-together next weekend in Huntsville, and you can shoot with the 300 2.8 if you'll let me shoot with the 105. 8)

9. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

You buy the plane ticket and I am there.. :)

10. Dave they are all nice, for the second one, I tried a few time to take a picture of those flower and I always have trouble with the white that are washed away. Next time I will have to use my spotmeter and apply the zone system (put the white on zone V111 and -contrast) to try to tone the white down.