Close Ups

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dbirdsong, Aug 24, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Taken today at the University of Michigan Botanical Gardens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D70 Sigma 70-200 HMS Sigma 2x TC

2. Geez, Dave, you get to more places in a week than I do in a year :biggrin:

I really like the 3rd shot. The flower almost looks as though it's blowing in the wind. I like the DOF on that one, too.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Good stuff Dave. Is it my imagination, or are you experimenting with frames? :tongue:

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I rather like that one too.
    The cool thing with my job, I am in different places in the metro area everyday. It was a really nice day so I took an hour off and went over and took these pictures.
    Now today I have to much stuff to do to be able and stop and shoot for a while. Friday on the other hand.. I will have some time if the weather is nice.
    Hmmmm I wonder what I should do?

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

You know Frank, I know you have a very big imagination... :wink:
    Yeah I am starting to play with some frames.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave

Very nice. Frames go well with each image.

First would make a nice Hallmark card.

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Gale
    I was thinking the same thing...
    The print looks great.

8. They are very nice, sharp with very saturated colors.

9. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Dave very nice pictures, the 1st one looks like the flower is casting yellow light upward on the butterfly. 3rd picture looks like you have stopped it from spinning in a breeze; the way some of the petals are bending and way green leafs are flowing backward.
    Neil

10. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Dave:

Very nice work! I just fell in love with the first one and agree that it looks like it could be on a card. :wink:

11. The 1st one looks like a beautiful painting. And it almost looks like 2 different shots in one. Beautiful background, beautiful subject. Your last one might be a good candidate for an "Out of Bounds" treatment (for the current challenge).:wink:

12. Pretty neat Dave, I really like the last shot. I see you are trying out some frame actions, pretty neat.

13. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Gilles, Neil, Lisa, Scott and Gordon.
    I was very pleased to get the results I got from taking 1 hour off in the middle of the afternoon.
    Dave