1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cloudscapes

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by IANW, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Whilst the summer has not been very bright we have had some wonderful clouds.

Pitstone Hill with 14-24 f2.8 at 14mm f22 on D700

3793124770_4372c5dc21_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hitchin Lavender Farm 24-70 f2.8 at 24mm f22 on D700

View attachment 390496

Wicken Fen 14-24 f2.8 at 14mm f22 on D700

3757444897_23e3ac50bd_o.png

Wicken Windmill 14-24 at 20mm f22 on D700

View attachment 390498

Might not be the big wide open spaces of the US but has been interesting.

2. Nice series. Really like number one. If you don't mind a comment, lighten the foreground a little and you have a winner.

3. Very nice.

4. Samuel comments always welcomed will try the adjustment when I have time.

Blue_gsx thats for the kind words

5. I'm looking for inspiration during this "summer" here in the UK too - these are nice shots. Must remember to keep looking up!

Andy

6. Gorgeous! Love the lavender fields and the windmill! Very pleasing and relaxing to look at! Nice work!

7. Nice ones!

8. Andy always something to capture, have noticed that the leaves are turning on the trees at Ashridge early this year for example.

Cajun thanks the lavender farm is something that I have visited ten time in the last six weeks at different times to capture the light. Submitted another image to the BBC website and today they published it.

1.jpg

Alex thanks for the kind words.

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Wonderful series of images. Love your compositional style !

10. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Beautiful series.......

Here's one I capture after a storm at a baseball game....the sky was stunning to say the least.

114338826.gif

11. I like the shots overall, composition is good using the lines in the lavender, But I have one suggestion for this shot specifically.

It looks like this was a RAW to begin with, and you had to really adjust the shadows / highlights sliders to save the bright whites?
    If i'm correct, notice it also caused the lavender highlights to look really gray. IMO it makes them look really fake.

If you try this one again, maybe output 2 pictures where you don't adjust the shadows / highlights more than say 10%, and then use the exposure slider to expose for the ground and then once again for the sky. Then you can just gradient mask the 2 to look more natural.

If you want send me the original file, and I can show you what I mean!

12. Mark like the storm clouds.

Lexiticus thanks for the offer will adjust and if I can achieve the right output will send you the file. The lavender is near harvest and so no longer bright purple unlike this one

3752765920_172188fa1d_o.jpg

13. WOW, Ian, I just love those lavender captures! So beautiful I can almost smell them!

14. exitnine

exitnine

Jun 5, 2008
    Boston, MA
    the first one remind of windows xp

15. Cajun Angel thanks.

Exitnine now that would be an idea us it as a theme for my MacBook.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.