Cloudy Low Light Fly~Bys

Cloudy, foggy, low light and lightning off in the distance...but I did manage to catch a few snowies flying out to roost.

These were all backlit and the background was really yucky....and I screwed up and din't change the EV compensation. I never said I was perfect :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 10294

Jim,

Looks like the weather that we had last week. I got a bunch of shots, but what challenging lighting. :?

Good results considering the conditions BTW. I'm having a similar problem under these conditions with haloing when applying USM, but have been able to minimize the effect by using very low NC settings, and applying a very slight amount with the FM Intellisharpen II plug-in in PS CS right at the end. If you don't have this plug-in, you should give it a look. The sharpening is applied on a separate layer, and the plug-in has a slider that allows you to adjust the layer opacity until it is just what you need and no more.

actually we expect perfection from you Jim, but nice to know you are human at times. LOL..........works for, looks great

Keith

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom