1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cls and three flashes

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by ashman, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Am I right in assuming that a D70 can only trigger two flashes wirelessly via the pop up flash in commander mode, whereas the pop up flash on a D200 can trigger more then two flashes wirelessly?

2. The d70's popup can control multiple remotes on a single channel.

The d200's popup can control multiple remotes on each of 2 different channels.

Either camera can control multiple remotes on each of 3 different channels if an external commander (d800 or su800) is used.

3. So if I have an SU800 mounted on my D2h in commander mode, then I can remotely trigger not only my two SB600's but my single SB800 as well?

4. Yes, each of the three flashes can be controlled at different levels.

5. Great thanks I just managed to pick up a used SU800, time to play.

AM

6. You don't need to have the camera in commander mode or change any camera settings for the SU-800 to work. Just attach it to the hot shoe and go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.