CLS with the a pair of SB800's

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by mike mac, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Finally got around to start figuring out how to setup and use multiple flashes to help my shots. I see a lot of promise for this setup along with a few reflectors to achieve some decent lighting. Will do some more classic shots when time allows Shot with the D2X and the 28-70 with one flash in the hot shoe and the other placed to subject right.
    Here are two quick snaps from tonight using two flashes
    Riley
    [​IMG]
    Salem the MGM Lion
    [​IMG]

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Those are great shots Mike...
    Man I need to get another SB800 (or maybe 2 :biggrin: )

3. I didn't realize that Scooby Doo was a real dog! :biggrin: Nice pics!

4. That's really good. Now go for three units and add soft boxes!

5. Hi Mike and thanks for sharing your latest and greatest. I too use two flashes on a regular basis and like it a lot. Good luck as you experiment.

6. Hi Mike,
    I'm currently using an SB-800 and 2 SB-600 with great results. My in-home studio is about 18x30 and is the primary location that I use them for portraiture. I've used them with shoot-thru umbrellas, bounce umbrellas and brolly boxes. Still have to rig up my softboxes and give them a whirl. Overall, they work great. I like being able to adjust light levels from the camera and not having cords/cables all over the place. Eventually, I'll upgrade to "real" lights, but for now, they're serving their purpose.