Club championship

This past weekend we had the club championship competition at our golf course. A 3 day event of intensive play and great fun with good friends.

The weather was great, but the light at the end of the day was a challenge for shooting some images. I shot a few quick images at the end, after I was done playing myself :tongue:.
This is an example of where it is the image that counts, even if technically it is far from being perfect because of the environment.

Now we're heading into a gorgeous golf period to wrap up another fine season - late summer/fall.

Here is Chantal lining up her last putt - she is the ladies champion for the 3rd year in a row:

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My friend Jacques on the last hole for the win (he made it :smile:). A great guy and a fine champion:

View attachment 247254

Last edited by a moderator:
nice shots, frits
i can't believe it was time for the club championship already

how did anne do this year?
Thanks Greg!
Anne had a great first day, where she finished in the first group. Then she faltered some on the second and third day. She finished without being a contender for the top spot.
But....she is the ladies Captain and has worked very hard with her committee in preparation of the Championship. During the three days of competition the committees had a lot of work as well. I believe it affected her game somewhat.

Beautiful shots Frits ! I really really love the first one. I'd probably crop it a bit to remove the dead space behind her. The light, though challenging, is beautiful at this time of day.

Gotta go shoot some golf with you someday my friend ! :biggrin:

Wow Frits!!
#1 is exceptional since the lighting is so dramatic. And to take nothing away from #2 which is very nicely done as well. The green is lined with spectators watching the winning putt on #18. Cool!

Thanks Greg!
Anne had a great first day, where she finished in the first group. Then she faltered some on the second and third day. She finished without being a contender for the top spot.
But....she is the ladies Captain and has worked very hard with her committee in preparation of the Championship. During the three days of competition the committees had a lot of work as well. I believe it affected her game somewhat.

thanks for your reply, frits
it must have been hard for her to wear BOTH "hats"
that of organizer and participant

i hope that she found some time to enjoy herself
i'm sure that she derived a great deal of satisfaction for the success of the tournament

Latest threads

Top Bottom