1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Club championship

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Frits, Sep 3, 2008.

1. This past weekend we had the club championship competition at our golf course. A 3 day event of intensive play and great fun with good friends.

The weather was great, but the light at the end of the day was a challenge for shooting some images. I shot a few quick images at the end, after I was done playing myself :tongue:.
    This is an example of where it is the image that counts, even if technically it is far from being perfect because of the environment.

Now we're heading into a gorgeous golf period to wrap up another fine season - late summer/fall.

Here is Chantal lining up her last putt - she is the ladies champion for the 3rd year in a row:

original.

My friend Jacques on the last hole for the win (he made it :smile:) . A great guy and a fine champion:

View attachment 247254

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  2. nice shots, frits
    i can't believe it was time for the club championship already

how did anne do this year?

3. Thanks Greg!
    Anne had a great first day, where she finished in the first group. Then she faltered some on the second and third day. She finished without being a contender for the top spot.
    But....she is the ladies Captain and has worked very hard with her committee in preparation of the Championship. During the three days of competition the committees had a lot of work as well. I believe it affected her game somewhat.

4. neat light on that first one Frits...

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful lighting in the first one, love how it makes the golfer pop in the frame.

6. Beautiful shots Frits ! I really really love the first one. I'd probably crop it a bit to remove the dead space behind her. The light, though challenging, is beautiful at this time of day.

Gotta go shoot some golf with you someday my friend ! :biggrin:

7. Thanks Jean-Pierre. We can do that :smile:

8. Wow Frits!!
    #1 is exceptional since the lighting is so dramatic. And to take nothing away from #2 which is very nicely done as well. The green is lined with spectators watching the winning putt on #18. Cool!

9. thanks for your reply, frits
    it must have been hard for her to wear BOTH "hats"
    that of organizer and participant

i hope that she found some time to enjoy herself
    i'm sure that she derived a great deal of satisfaction for the success of the tournament

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.