1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

C'mon Nikon, we need a...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by RKnecht, Sep 16, 2008.

1. 80-400mm F4 AF-S!! I really would love to have a zoom such as this for my agility shows. I've been looking at the 200-400, but the range is kinda limited on the wide end. Heck, just make the current 80-400 AF-S. Canon has their 100-400 IS and it a popular piece of glass with great range. I can dream....right?

2. 80-400 AFS f4? Nice idea, but picture the 200-400 only bigger and more expensive! Your second wish is more likely to be granted.

Cheers,

Larry

3. That's fine, I'll take an AF-S version. I tried a current 80-400 and even on the D3 and D2x, focus speed leaves a lot to be desired. I just can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

4. I can only assume that's because they've been burning the midnight oil getting the D300, D3, D700 and now the D90 out.

I won't upgrade my 80-400 just for better AF. I'd like to see them go head to head with Sigma and bring out a 150-500 f/4.5-f/5.6 AFS VR. MSRP around $1800. That I'd buy.

5. This photographer shoots agility with an 80-400. She's one of my absolute favorite agility photographers (she also runs her own Goldens, including her MACH boy). :smile:

6. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Gretchen, didn't know the 80-400 could get agility, I thought it would be too slow to focus, her images are stunning, prefocusing do you think?

7. lazijay

lazijay

Jul 27, 2008
    Salinas, CA
    I think we also need a cheap Nikon 50 1.8 AF-S too! lol

8. At least in the general area, yes. She chooses a spot (or 2) in each course and then just shoots each dog as it comes through. :smile: And yes, her work is gorgeous!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.