CNX2 and VNX2 cannot see other computers on the network

Most of my pics are stored on a portable HD (and backed up on another) that is connected to one computer on the network.

Neither CNX2 nor VNX2 can see other computers on the network. Actually, VNX2 sees one other computer but not the portable HD where the files are stored. CNX cannot see anything outside of the computer where it is running. The portable HD is visible and accessible just fine from other computers, just not from within CNX2 and VNX2.

Any idea why is that?

Thanks!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Does Explorer on the CNX/VNX machine see the shared hard disk on the other machine?

What is the operating of the CNX/VNX machine?

What is the operating system of the machine the disk is attached to, where you have shared it?

What is the operating system on these machines?

If you are running these apps as an administrator via Windows Vista/7 UAC (you get the User Account Control prompt when you open the app), it drops network connections by default within the application. If this is the case, there is a registry hack, but turning off UAC is easiest.

What is the operating system on these machines?

If you are running these apps as an administrator via Windows Vista/7 UAC (you get the User Account Control prompt when you open the app), it drops network connections by default within the application. If this is the case, there is a registry hack, but turning off UAC is easiest.

Thanks, Mike

I run both machines as administrator.. There are no problems outside the Nikon apps.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I just had a play with View NX2 on my network. The file browser in the programs can see the other computers, including the Users folder, but it can't see any shared drives. (Windows 7 and 8 in my case.)

So what you have spotted is a deficiency in these programs. It could be described as a bug.

Please tell Nikon. Perhaps they will fix the problem.

I just had a play with View NX2 on my network. The file browser in the programs can see the other computers, including the Users folder, but it can't see any shared drives. (Windows 7 and 8 in my case.)

So what you have spotted is a deficiency in these programs. It could be described as a bug.

Please tell Nikon. Perhaps they will fix the problem.

Thanks! I thought something wasn't right... I will email Nikon about this.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom