Coal power and wind

In the centre of this Picture is our local coal fired powerplant with a chimney that is officially the highest point in Danmark 300 meter.

On the left and the right are the renewable energy sources, left a ship loaded with towers, turbines and blades and part for installing on land.
On land all windmills are installed in parts, as they have to be transported through small tows ánd maybe ever smaller roads.

On the right hand side is a ship from China, Da Qing Xia, delivering windmill parts
nr1

Esbjerg harbour_14 06 13_5511_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

In this picture the windmill part are loaded for seainstalling, on the left one of the now small installer, Resolution, is waiting to load complete towers witch you can see on the right, they are towering 85 meter heigh, and weight over 1200 tons, the resolution can take 3 complete windmill, the newer versions which I will show later can take 6 windmills with complete blade assemblies.

in the middle a ship is ready to sail windmill bases and pipes to a shared German/Danish project the yellow bases look small, but they measure 35 meter in height and have a diameter of 6 meter, around 25 meter is going to be below sealevel, and about 10 over. Total height for the towers for this project is about 95 mtr, plus the blades, and each Tower produces 5 megawatt in energy.

nr2

Måde strand esbjerg fotoklub_22 04 13_3401_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

To give you an idee what the dimensions are like.
Two trucks with 60 meter blades come into town.
nr3

Esbjerg harbour_14 06 13_5570_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

and it is amazing they turn, this one is missing a trafficlight as you can see by its shadow by a mere half meter

nr4

Esbjerg harbour_14 06 13_5579.NEF by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

Just random info and Pictures
Here is a picture from a hotelvessel for windmill offshore instalation
it sleeps over 60 persons and can cater to over 100, it has a special bridge that can extend and let workers walk onto barges or windmills.

nr5

Esbjerg harbour_14 06 13_5557_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

That,s it for now
Nico

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, Nico, and well photographed, though I think it would fit better in the Miscellany or Photojournalism forums.

I think picture number 5 is the same as number 4.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very interesting, Nico, and well photographed, though I think it would fit better in the Miscellany or Photojournalism forums.

I think picture number 5 is the same as number 4.
Hi Pa
Its fixed :smile:

I have looked at both suggestions, but fail to see if that would be better, hmmm I am a bit confused.
Mayby this section could be extended with seascapes ?

Thanks for your suggestion and I will keep looking for other places
Nico

Excellent images and commentary...! :smile:

Thanks for showing how big those things are, it's hard to believe that blade could be turned
by the wind...!

hmmm, does that mean it will be better without text in this section ?
Text is OK and makes the images better... Jim (Pa) just means the subject possibly would
fit better in one of the other sections... I'd vote for the "Miscellany" section myself... But
it's no big deal, I liked the series very much... :wink:

Excellent images and commentary...! :smile:

Thanks for showing how big those things are, it's hard to believe that blade could be turned
by the wind...!

Text is OK and makes the images better... Jim (Pa) just means the subject possibly would
fit better in one of the other sections... I'd vote for the "Miscellany" section myself... But
it's no big deal, I liked the series very much... :wink:
Thanks for your comments William.
I will look a bit closer at your suggestion.
Take care
Nico

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
We do not discriminate here:biggrin::biggrin: LS = SS !!

Nice set Nico, those blades are something to behold! They are so big!

We do not discriminate here:biggrin::biggrin: LS = SS !!

Nice set Nico, those blades are something to behold! They are so big!
Just wait til the new 85 meter blades come to town.
I will have a front row seat :smile:
Thanks Rob
Nico

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom