Coastal Cottages

Warm light filtering through at sunset as we take in the view from the widows walk over the coastal cottages and Atlantic beyond on a warm November evening.

Z7 24-70 F4 Iso 1600 1/50 f9

JWZ_0224.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sunrise over the coastal cottage rooftops from the widows walk.

Z7 200-500mm @500mm iso 64 1/320 f8
JWZ_0240.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty location. Nice light.
Thanks Allan, was fortunate that we did get pretty nice weather over the Thanksgiving week spent on St Simons.
Beautiful lighting and nice composition in the first image. Well done.
Thank you Dan. Even from the widows walk on the 4th floor, views were still somewhat blocked by the couple large trees. The trees did provide shade to a couple of the lower level balconies, but intruded a little too much with the eastward views.

Very nice. Big cottages you have over there.
Thanks Ron, they are good size , victorian gingerbred with narrow facades facing the street but then go back quite deep. Most are 4-5 stories tall, have elevators and run $1.3 - $2 mill. We rent something every year over Thanksgiving week, and have for the past 30 years. Hard part is that they need to hold my wifes siblings and their kids. Were now up to 13 and this past cottage fit us perfectly.

When things get a little loud with 13 people from newborn to 75 yearolds I try to escape from the din two floors below, and head up to the widows walk and enjoy solitude and a nice glass of wine.

JWZ_0222-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ron, they are good size , victorian gingerbred with narrow facades facing the street but then go back quite deep. Most are 4-5 stories tall, have elevators and run $1.3 - $2 mill. We rent something every year over Thanksgiving week, and have for the past 30 years. Hard part is that they need to hold my wifes siblings and their kids. Were now up to 13 and this past cottage fit us perfectly.

When things get a little loud with 13 people from newborn to 75 yearolds I try to escape from the din two floors below, and head up to the widows walk and enjoy solitude and a nice glass of wine.

View attachment 1688526
I can feel the pleasure and the peace in this last pic.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom