1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cobweb on foggy morning...

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Butlerkid, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    So....NEXT time I'll get square with the cobweb so that ALL of it is in focus! :( 

_KD57518-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Oh, that is so nice. Well done Karen.

3. Gorgeous image.

When displayed at this relatively small size, I don't see any part of the web that's out of focus. That may be explained by the fact that I'm due for the first of my two cataract surgeries later this month. :eek: 

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Very creative Karen, looks in focus to me. Well done.

5. Beautiful! In focus on my screen.

6. Looks great to me. I've always liked these types of spiderweb photos.

7. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Thanks, everyone! There was such heavy fog at Viera that shooting was almost impossible. I thought the spider dew laden spider webs were beautiful, so I pointed the 600mm at one of them and found a composition I really liked! LOL! The left side is a little soft, but guess I'm just being picky!

8. I like it. Only thing that would've made it better is if the owner was home.

9. It seems in focus to me too Karen. A nice shot.

10. Don't worry about your eyes Mike. The image looks ok.

11. Beautiful image, Karen!
    Great composition and lovely processing!

12. I like it. I was at Viera a couple of times during my road trip, and I noticed tons of those webs. Viera presented a few challenges for me...one being that the road was closed to traffic. So, carrying the 500 around with everything else made it tough, especially given that I didn't have a lot of time.

I arrived about 45 minutes before sunset...and it took me at least 20 minutes to walk to an area with some good photo opportunities. After photographing some birds, I started looking for a good sunset landscape shot. As I was getting that set up, a car pulled up next to me (he apparently was a volunteer or worked there) to tell me that I needed to get moving because Viera was closing in 20 minutes. I had to hustle just to walk/run out of there in time while I just watched a spectacular sunset on my way out. :mad: 

Glenn

13. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Thanks, Glenn. You really had some challenges, for sure! Too bad the volunteer didn't off you a ride! I would have!

14. Honestly, I think this perspective would probably be better than straight on. Very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. That one is fantastic Karen.

16. Looks good to me.

17. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Appreciate the comments!
    Thanks, Rick!
    Glad you like it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.