CocaCola 600 Qualifying and SCCA Pictures

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by ftslogger, May 29, 2007.

1. ftslogger

ftslogger

May 4, 2007
    Charlotte
    [​IMG]

This was my first time shooting a racing event, and was shooting under the lights with my Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 Some of them turned out great, others, didn't. I definitely could use a faster FPS rate, than my D50 can give me.

More shots can be found here: http://www.mdpayne.net/coke600

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nicely done.

Web site is a bit tough on loading pics and closing again.

3. ftslogger

ftslogger

May 4, 2007
    Charlotte
    The gallery is really meant to open one image and scroll through them from there - should be controls overlayed on the pictures. Thanks for the positive comment. :smile:

MP

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    You did a very nice job shooting through the fencing. You also used good judgement with your selected shutter speed so the car looks like it is going fast. Many might use a faster shutter speed which slows the action down. You did very well, thanks for sharing the series.

5. You did well panning, and through a fence no less. The "NASCAR" painted in the grass in this picture is pretty cool, too.

6. Bill K

Bill K

Jan 29, 2006
    Reno, Nevada
    Nice picture of Newman, I would like to see more NASCAR pictures.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

7. ftslogger

ftslogger

May 4, 2007
    Charlotte
    Thanks for all the great comments guys. :smile: I had a hard time getting the right focus through that fence. This was really my first time out with the Sigma, and not knowing really what to expect. I think I would have a higher keeper ratio, if I had more FPS, but the D50 does an awesome job at ISO 1600. I would have some more NASCAR pictures, but I came late to the qualifying session and only got a couple keeper shots.