CocaCola 600 Qualifying and SCCA Pictures

DSC_2274.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was my first time shooting a racing event, and was shooting under the lights with my Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 Some of them turned out great, others, didn't. I definitely could use a faster FPS rate, than my D50 can give me.

More shots can be found here: http://www.mdpayne.net/coke600

The gallery is really meant to open one image and scroll through them from there - should be controls overlayed on the pictures. Thanks for the positive comment. :smile:

MP

You did a very nice job shooting through the fencing. You also used good judgement with your selected shutter speed so the car looks like it is going fast. Many might use a faster shutter speed which slows the action down. You did very well, thanks for sharing the series.

Nice picture of Newman, I would like to see more NASCAR pictures.
Thanks
17.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for all the great comments guys. :smile: I had a hard time getting the right focus through that fence. This was really my first time out with the Sigma, and not knowing really what to expect. I think I would have a higher keeper ratio, if I had more FPS, but the D50 does an awesome job at ISO 1600. I would have some more NASCAR pictures, but I came late to the qualifying session and only got a couple keeper shots.

Latest threads

Top Bottom