Cockpit view

Here's a shot from yesterday with a new-to-me Tokina 12-24. Doug is preparing for his commercial check ride in sailplanes (gliders).
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The instruments indicate that we were 4700 feet above sea level (about 4100 feet above the ground at our location), flying at 50 knots (about 58 mph) and climbing at 500 feet per minute. Our heading is NNW, looking toward the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

What most folks would find unusual is that we have no thrust. Once we release from a towplane, we're 'powered' by the sun....

....Who is at the controls?
Not me, I was working the camera. :biggrin: Doug was PIC through most of the flight. He owns a Light Sport Aircraft, recently obtained his PPL in sailplanes and has scheduled his Commercial flight test in September. His eventual goal is to obtain his CFI and join our instructor cadre. He'll be welcomed as he's a good stick, highly intelligent, communicative and displays consistent good judgment. The short version: he can fly and talk at the same time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom