Coffee and Coffee Maker Recommendations - UPDATE!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's not humor—she is being dead serious!!! Right, TomP?
Ahhh, ‘tis true; I am serious. Some years ago, I had friends who didn’t believe the number of shoes that I had. So, I took 100 pairs as an example, lined them up in my living room and took a photo of them. I don’t know where that photo is, and I surely don’t have the strength to line up those shoes today to shoot them again. Maybe one day I will. Hey, I can say that I’m photographing them for insurance purposes. Yeah, that’ll work! 😁😁😁

A little company put Seattle on a lot of coffee drinkers map and I certainly embrace the brew, coffee, not Starbucks. Although I grew up and live in Seattle and have drank a lot of Starbucks coffee, I am not a fan. I think it has a distinctively burnt, over roasted taste and there are lots of better choices from custom roasters. Like micro-breweries’, Seattle has a lot of great boutique coffee roasters with excellent beans. So do a lot of other cities and I find it easier to just order online though I still purchase locally on occasion.

I’m more of an espresso drinker now and rarely drink coffee anymore. When we host meals or get togethers I will take a Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker and Baratza Virtuoso grinder out of storage and use whatever whole beans I might have in the freezer. Currently I have a bag of LA Belleza Colombia beans from JBC Coffee Roasters. If I was to start drinking more coffee, I would consider looking into a Technivorm based on some reviews I’ve read. I have a French Press stored somewhere, used to use it a bit and enjoyed the coffee it made but haven’t bothered with it for years.

My morning ritual though is to warm up a Quickmill Andreja Premium espresso machine, grind some whole beans in a Mazzer Super Jolly grinder, pull a 2 once shot, steam a few ounces of whole milk and enjoy.

I’ll try different custom roasts that I order online and currently have a couple espresso bean roasts from JBC Coffee roasters and some from Paradise Roasters. https://www.coffeereview.com/ is fun to read from time to time for coffee recommendations.

Real Name
Ken St John
Love reading about Lyndee's shoes. At the risk of sounding a bit racist, y'all remember Mrs Marcos from the Philippines and her 5,000+ collection of shoes, right? As near as I can tell it's either in the water they drink, or perhaps their DNA, but my Filipino wife is doing her best to keep the tradition alive!

Enjoy your coffee as well. I really like the Folgers 1850 I'm getting at the grocery store. So much better than Star-burnt!!

We also have a KitchenAid Nespresso machine that we use now and again. Mainly make latte's ... I've tried several different brands of the little pods and I'll be danged if I can tell a flavor difference. I think right now we're using some Peets brand that we found at Costco.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

Naw, I think the whole thing about having lots and lots of shoes is a female thing more than it is anything to do with one's background...... Have to admit, that in my day I had a really great bunch of shoes, too, until time moved on, and now as a retiree, I've been gradually letting go of those shoes but keeping the memories of some great times when wearing those shoes..... :D.

I used to have a stainless s
steel Coffee Mug with a handle and lid I used for years on my commute to work, I may have even got it at Starbucks. Since I don't drink much coffee anymore and it seems my wife has stored it or gotten rid of it. I'll need to ask her.

For hiking and to keep warm or cold I really like Hydro Flask. They are strong but light. I learned Costco has them on sale at times after I bought a pair from REI. Both the mug and bottle require you to like the feel of stainless steel when you drink. It doesn't bother me but some people don't like it.

Here is another stainless lined cup.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Does yours have a thermal carafe, or a glass one with a heating element underneath?
We have the thermal carafe model (and an older one as I said). With older kids home from college I'm brewing two carafes a day (and taking $ for coffee from the gasoline budget)! I think that glass carafe models do have a warming plate designed to keep the coffee within a tight temperature range. Not sure how well they work. They have many more models now than they did 8 years ago. I know their Amazon reviews are quite mixed for some models, but we've been happy over the long haul with ours. We also use Urnex Dezcal to descale it regularly and try to use filtered water to make the coffee. Happy drinking!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Love reading about Lyndee's shoes. At the risk of sounding a bit racist, y'all remember Mrs Marcos from the Philippines and her 5,000+ collection of shoes, right? As near as I can tell it's either in the water they drink, or perhaps their DNA, but my Filipino wife is doing her best to keep the tradition alive!
Sounds like a mighty fine wife - I like her already! :ROFLMAO:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Naw, I think the whole thing about having lots and lots of shoes is a female thing more than it is anything to do with one's background...... Have to admit, that in my day I had a really great bunch of shoes, too, until time moved on, and now as a retiree, I've been gradually letting go of those shoes but keeping the memories of some great times when wearing those shoes..... :D.
My mother and her sisters could shop a store and I tell you - you should have seen them in action! Now, my mom's shopping habits were tempered by the fact that she and my dad had four children to raise, however, one of her sisters, my Aunt Gladys, was just like me - single with no kids. And that woman? Whew...when she hit the stores, it was a sight to behold! :eek: She always said that after growing up during the depression era she never wanted to feel as though she couldn't have what she wanted due to lack of funds. So, she worked hard, made her money, spent well and was very generous to one rather spoiled niece. :D

When she passed, she had more shoes than I currently have. Unfortunately, they all had to be donated as she had the smallest foot in our whole family and no one could wear any of her shoes. :confused:

Authentic Vienamese coffee including the weasel coffee just drips through a long can filter.
cheapest method ever, don't even need to replace filters as its just holes in metal ;)

Well I just made a FUBAR yesterday.
I went to specifically buy DECAF beans. But when I got home, and looked at the bag, the bag did not say decaf.
The shelf said decaf, but I must have grabbed the one bag that was on the wrong shelf :(

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom