Coffee and Coffee Maker Recommendations - UPDATE!

... Also Jura is another make that does it all for you. https://us.jura.com/en
Jura is the brand we use at the office and I see often at customers. For some reason, I got appointed the "expert" to take care of the machine (descaling and cleaning) :)
I don't know if the expression is used in English but that's what we call "a Chinese volunteer" (don't know why).
I haven't been to the office since the lockdown early March so some else took over my duties and promptly forgot to remove the water filter for the descaling process :rolleyes:
I'll stick to teleworking some more...

Never mind coffee - have a luxury hot chocolate. I recently bought this most amazing machine, the Velvetiser. It makes incredible hot chocolate. You simply put in the milk and then the sachet of powder and press the button. It heats and whisks it and three minutes later you pour it out. Highly addictive. They have about a dozen types of hot chocolate, the salted caramel is lovely.

View attachment 1666550
Fascinating & tempting! Highly addictive indeed.
for the benefit of my daily calorie intake, I'll stick to my coffee addiction.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Time for an update!

Have you found the perfect coffee for YOU? Have you tried iced coffee for the summer? Curious minds want to know....! :D
Not yet; but I'm having fun researching! :ROFLMAO:

I'm not an iced coffee person; iced tea - yes, coffee...no. I'm finding that I enjoy dark roasts with a strong flavor, so I've been experimenting with different brands, etc. I'll find my favorite soon; I'm sure! :p

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never mind coffee - have a luxury hot chocolate. I recently bought this most amazing machine, the Velvetiser. It makes incredible hot chocolate. You simply put in the milk and then the sachet of powder and press the button. It heats and whisks it and three minutes later you pour it out. Highly addictive. They have about a dozen types of hot chocolate, the salted caramel is lovely.

View attachment 1666550
I do love a good hot chocolate in the winter time, yummm... This sounds wonderful!

Not yet; but I'm having fun researching! :ROFLMAO:

I'm not an iced coffee person; iced tea - yes, coffee...no. I'm finding that I enjoy dark roasts with a strong flavor, so I've been experimenting with different brands, etc. I'll find my favorite soon; I'm sure! :p
Let me know your favorites as we like the dark roasts too - Sumatra, French roast, Ethiopian. Always looking to try new brands.
Thanks!

To put in my 2 cents worth - I have a keureg and haven't looked back! WHEN I WANT ICED COFFEE - i brew on the strongest setting and that keeps my coffee from getting to watered down. Now as for the coffee I drink - its COMMUNITY COFFEE FRENCH ROAST. Since there are 4 of us in the house that drink coffee and we all enjoy different kinds, it makes it easier having the keureg. I even have one for our RV

I'm pretty low class with my coffee. Have been known to drink leftover from the morning cup left in my car all day (no milk or cream) on the evening drive home. I do enjoy a nice cappuccino when in Italy, but I'm too lazy to make it. We have a Nespresso Latissima and just got a new Cuisinart drip to replace the old one that died. Also have a French press. Tried cold drip at a coffee bar and didn't really see what the fuss was about.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom